Tuesday, February 28, 2012
happy place
I went to Barnes and Noble tonight and as I wandered through the aisles of books I thought, 'Ah, this is my happy place." There are few things that make me happier than a book store. And I love a good used book store. Call me crazy, but I like the old, dusty smell of books that have been enjoyed and passed on. The only downfall of my happy place being book stores is the difficulty I have in maintaining self control and not buying out the store. I had to really stop myself from buying the nearly 10 books that I carried around a while. When I walk into a bookstore I feel a wash of peace and satisfaction. I realized tonight that I have other happy places as well. And isn't it nice to have happy places? I love to be at the hospital. I'm at work at the hospital right now, in fact, and it is really a happy place for me. {What a pleasure to have my work place be a happy place for me!} The temple is the best place to really feel peace, and it is nice to be able to have a temple so close. I love to be in my car and just drive. The serenity that I feel when I'm just driving is something I believe to be a primary component of the places that make me happy. I love to be anywhere that I feel content and peaceful, anywhere that is beautiful, where I can be calm and read or reflect or talk with a friend. A happy place is somewhere you can escape from the stresses of life and be encircled in peace. Everyone needs at least one happy place, don't you think?
Posted by Ali at 1:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment