I think I have the most awesome brothers in the world. They are some of the funniest people I know. I was having lunch with Parker today and just thinking about how hard my brothers make me laugh. They are so fun to talk to and I love when I get to be with them.
This is Grant.
Grant is totally hip. He's kind of a ladies man. He plays tennis and he wears good clothes. He plays piano and guitar. It's pretty cool. He just got a ukulele and basically I think he should be the next J-Mraz. I'm super impressed with his skills on the guitar. He is way cooler than I was in middle school. Actually, I think he's way cooler at 13 than I am at 20. I can imagine him growing up to be filthy rich. He'll be a fancy business man or something and have a giant apartment in NYC and a house in the Hamptons.
Have you ever seen a kid this cute? Seriously. Whenever I see him I just want to hug him and squeeze him. I'm sure he loves it. I'm like the great aunt Myrtle that pinches the kids' cheeks and scares them. Well hopefully I'm not that bad, but I just love this boy. He's good at shooting and driving a snowmobile. I like going skiing with him too, even though it has been a long time.
Also, he loves to travel as much as I do. When he was five we went to New York and he fell in love. I don't know many five-year-olds who can totally walk all around a big city, get through the little Subway turnstile things alone, and put up with going to museums. Also, if you know any other boys who, at 12 years old, would be able to handle a few hours walking through Casa Milá and checking out the fab architecture, courtesy of GaudĂ, I would be surprised. Stud.
This is Parker.
Parker is hilarious. When we were driving through Wyoming in August we saw this sign, and Parker thought we needed to take pictures with it. Very funny. We like to watch clips on The Onion. We also love Penelope. {If you haven't seen the SNL sketches with Penelope, you should check them out.} One time I was nervous for a Chemistry test and Parker sent me a Penelope-style text that said something like, "Well I was speeding so fast I broke the sound barrier and drove to the future and in the future you already took this test and you passed, so congratulations."
Since Parker is at BYU now we get to hang out a lot and it is really fun. We go to dinner a lot. We also like to go to the International Cinema and exhibits at the MOA. One time we went the symphony and we had front row seats. Are we cool or what? It's sweet because I know Parker will go to plays and stuff with me. He's a great brother. And he even does my dishes when he comes over and I'm grumpy. Without being asked. I must say, that's pretty impressive. He also helps me with Spanish.
Parker loves food. He loves to cook. I don't love to cook, so I find it pretty impressive. He really really loves Indian food and he makes delish chicken curry and nan. In the future, if his girlfriend doesn't like Indian food that will be a deal breaker. He should probably be the next Alton Brown. He loves Good Eats. It used to fill up our DVR at home. Again, Parker loves to travel. We've been discussing the possibility of doing some sort of Motorcycle Diaries adventure through South America. Not going to happen, but it would be sweet.
Ok, but seriously, how great are my brothers? I'm sure everyone else's brothers are great too, but mine are extra great. ;-)

1 comments:
hey! I'm glad to find out I'm not alone in my Grey's addition :) haha.. Your quote was much funnier than mine though. Also.. your littler brothers are so adorable. Didn't one oft them come to fakesgiving?
Post a Comment